How to Properly Clean the V-Tex Leatherette in your VW Vehicle
We know you spend a lot of care making sure your Volkswagen looks shiny and new on the outside, but what about the inside? If you prefer your car’s beauty to be more than just skin-deep, take a look at our helpful tips and tricks on how to keep your Volkswagen’s leather and leatherette seating looking as good as new.
What is V-Tex Leatherette Seating?
If you have a Volkswagen with leatherette seating, you may be interested to know that the material you are sitting on is a special kind of leather compound that was made specifically with Volkswagen drivers in mind. V-Tex Leatherette gives off the look and feel of leather while offering more durability and requiring less care at a fraction of the price of real leather. Leatherette seating is also easier to clean, as spills may not soak into the material as quickly.
READ MORE: Checking the Oil in 2017 Volkswagen Models
Do’s and Don’ts of Cleaning Volkswagen V-Tex Leatherette Seating
- Always wipe up any dirt or spills immediately with a soft cloth.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove any dirt or crumbs from the creases of your seats.
- Clean dirty areas with a mild soap solution, making sure you always soak up any excess water left behind>
- Use leather care agents like 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer every 6 months to treat the leather and keep it looking and feeling great.
- Never use a hard-bristled brush on your seats because it can scratch the leather.
- Avoid bringing any sharp items into the vehicle, as tools like pocket knives or pens can puncture the leather and leave irreversible damage.
- Don’t let the sun fade your leather or leatherette, so always use a sun shade when parking outside.
If you would like more helpful tips on how to take care of your Volkswagen, be sure to visit the “Tips and Tools” section of our blog here at Walker Volkswagen.
Need More Help?